Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sunny San Diego


The Hermsmeier clan took a trip to sunny San Diego this weekend. We all met up Friday night, ready for some fun. Preston and I got delayed on our flight so by the time we got to the hotel and he played for awhile with his aunt, uncle and grandparents it was well past his bedtime. In fact, he went to bed later than MY bedtime every night we were there. He had fun but he was exhausted by the time we made it back to the mountain!

Saturday we woke up and went downstairs to enjoy the hotel's buffet breakfast. Then we enjoyed some time in the sun, listening to Josh play the drums at Gregory Page's concert. I got to see Josh and Ashley's absolutely adorable house for the first time and fell in love with not only the house but the gorgeous views as well! Saturday night I got to have an adult evening while grandma stayed with Preston. Ashley, my dad and I went to another concert Josh had downtown. I realized that I don't do late nights well because the older people there had more energy than me!

Sunday and Monday were jam packed with so much fun! After church on Sunday we got sandwiches and went to the beach. My little fish would've been content if I had let him float out to sea. But, his uncle kept a close eye on him and kept bringing him to shore when he went too far. We went from the beach to the hotel pool, where P got more water time. He and his uncle played in the pool for quite awhile while I actually got to relax in the hot tub. P really bonded with his Uncle Josh when it came to water and musical instruments! We were worn out due to the sun, but I took advantage of my parents watching P to meet up with a friend for a few minutes. We scarfed down Starbucks and tried to catch up on the past 8 mos in 30 minutes. From there I met back up with my family and we headed out to celebrate Josh's birthday. We enjoyed laughs over Chicago style pizza and elaborate (and VERY pricey) desserts.

Yesterday we woke up, went to the park on the beach then made a mad dash to SeaWorld. We only had an hour there so we crammed in Shamu, feeding sea lions and getting splashed by dolphins in that short amount of time. After lunch it was time to say good-byes. My parents and I headed to the airport, going our separate ways. When the plane started to take off, Preston was so tired that he fell asleep in my lap and slept until I woke him up once we got to Reno. It was a nice break for me as I felt he and I had not got a lot of rest due to a fun filled, but very busy, vacation.

Coming home from vacation is usually hard but it was nice for us because Rob was waiting for us at the airport. We shared laughs during a family night full of wrestling and snuggles. This morning was a rude awakening when I realized I had 8 loads of laundry to do and errands to run and groceries to buy. But, I wouldn't change it for a minute. We had a blast in sunny San Diego, creating many memorable moments!!

No comments: