Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Through Toddler Eyes


EVERYTHING these days is a new exploration. In fact, as I write this, Preston is adjusting the volume on the stereo. Probably blowing out his ear drums but he's rocking out like no other! Most of his new explorations are in the kitchen. He loves to help unload the dishwasher and try to turn the stove knobs. Yesterday I had to go to Babies R Us specifically to get the knob covers cause I'm afraid he'll burn the house down. This morning I couldn't hear him so I went in our room. I had forgotten to close the sliding glass door and he was out on the balcony, watching the goats (OK, grandparents and daddy- you can keep breathing because he was fine. Plus, he was only out there for a minute and it's the only time I've forgotten the close the door). Anything on the recliner and couch is fair game... remotes, the phone (We're not prank calling you if you see our number on caller ID and hear deep breathing on the other end), my books, the computer.... He is into everything and I can't keep up.
Rob and I often say we wish we knew what he was thinking or saying. Sometimes you can just see the wheels spinning in his little head! When he starts talking he can have the longest one sided conversations and could care less that no one is responding. He is a sponge and he amazes me on a daily basis with what he knows and what he's learning. I'm trying to take advantage of it and teaching him things, such as how to load the dishwasher with his dirty dishes instead of unloading it before things have been cleaned. :) Our little Boo Man is a miracle in EVERY sense of the word and he's truly joy personified (A term the late Mrs. Jetton coined when we told her we were expecting)!!

No comments: