Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Who Knew?

When I got home from what seemed like a long day (not because of the kids but because of the meeting after school) I got an email that our goats had been spotted a mile or so away at our friend's house. At the time he had posted the message, he hadn't been able to catch them. So, I put Preston in the car and drove around his street, not seeing any sign of them. I came back home, resigned to the fact that the goats were gone. I made dinner, got into relaxing clothes and was cuddling with Preston when a message came through on FB from our neighbor. He said he had them and wanted me to come get them. Once again I put Preston in the car and headed back to the guy's neighborhood. Luckily, he was able to help me get Little Joe into the Yukon (I may need to put that lil guy on a diet because he weighed a ton). Candy got in and we headed back home, Preston bleating to them the whole way home. When we got back I put them in the corral and they graciously showed me how they had gotten out. I spent 45 minutes securing the corral fence, while Preston squealed in the backpack. I would've done more but it was almost dark, it was Preston's bedtime and I am exhausted from not sleeping the past week. When I came in the house, there were 2 messages about the goats. One was from the county sheriff, checking to see if I had found them. Who knew goats getting out was such a big deal? At least they're not coyote food...for the night anyway!

No comments: