Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tortoise V. Hare

Do you remember that childhood story? Well, it's one I think about often when it comes to Preston's eating habits. Him as a baby v. him as a toddler. He used to eat so fast that Rob and I would tagteam dinner. ANYTHING that was put in front of him he'd devour in seconds, often choking because he had so much food in his mouth at one time. Well, over the course of time that has changed....drastically. Now, not only is the pickiest eater, but he's become the slowest eater as well. I sit down to eat with him and am often done well before he's halfway through picking at his food. Lunch is a good example. I made us Mac-n-Cheese (He also got a fruit and veggie). I was done with mine while he picked at his, putting some of the food in his mouth then taking it out and looking at it. Finally I got tired of staring at him so I cleaned up the kitchen and grabbed the computer. I checked email, Facebook and started this blog before he finally decided he had had enough. It'd be nice if there was a happy medium. Eat at a decent pace, eat most of the stuff in front of him instead of being so picky and slow. But I have to remind myself that he's one, becoming his own person, forming his own opinions and becoming a boy instead of my little baby. In the end, the Tortoise wins.....if memory serves me correctly. :)

No comments: