Sunday, May 8, 2011

mom

well, i will never begin to try to explain what its like to be a mom. i dont really even know what it is that mom's have that enables them to be the kind of parent only a mom can be. us dad's dont have it thats for sure. all i know is that my mom rocks. i am sure i wasnt the easiest kid to be a mom to. i hated school and refused to even try, i liked anything that involved a high risk of death or maiming, i was stubborn and head strong, and pretty much put up a fight against her when it came to telling me what is right or wrong. however, i think i didnt turn out too bad so for that to happen it proves she is even more head strong and stubborn than me! when i was 15 id head out by myself for louisiana or alabama by myself for a bull riding and she would wait up till the wee hours of the morning to make sure i got back ok. she gave up weekends to take me to deer camp. i was born with pollyps and she would rock me and hold me until the tears dried up. i guess what i'm trying to say is no matter what it was, she gave 100% to my brother and i. i know that there are alot of kids out there that dont have what i have as far as mom's go and it breaks my heart. i wish they were as fortunate as me. my mom and i dont share alot of interests. she likes the warm weather, beach, wine, social gatherings, celine dion, and i dont like any of those things. however, thats what makes her so great. she drove alot of hours listening to chris ledoux, hanging out at deer camp with us in the freexing cold. she is the most selfless, wonderful, amazing mom in the world. i wish i couldve spent it with you mom. it sucks being so far away that i hate it. i hope you had a great mothers day and know that i not only love you very much, but i appreciate you very much!

No comments: