Wednesday, May 25, 2011

One of Those Days

It's been one of those days. A lot of things came up at work that made it a bad day. I was looking forward to training for my run but walked out of a meeting to discover it was raining. Even though I've been in a funk, I realize that thousands of people have it WAY worse than me. So I asked my mother-in-law to be a guest blogger via a note she wrote on FB. Here is her perspective, which helps me keep mine.

Written by Wanda.............
I got out of a cozy, comfy, bed a few hours ago after a good night's sleep. I said "good morning" to the man I love and "thank you for this day" to my Father in Heaven. I grabbed a bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee, and threw tonight's dinner in the crock pot. I arrived at work to do a job I love, right on time. As I was walking to the patrol office, I placed my hand over my heart as I passed our American Flag that was still waving proudly in the morning breeze. I did not have to stumble through debris looking for family members, friends or neighbors while wearing torn, wet, filthy clothes. I was not bleeding. I did not have to look for something safe to eat or search for an unopened bottle of water. I didn't have to think about where to go or what to do next. I hope and pray that the next time I believe I have something to complain about, my mind will take me to Tuscaloosa and to Joplin. God, please be with them and give them strength to hope for a better tomorrow. Amen


(P.S. Today did have a few redeeming qualities. One being that Rob bought me new golf clubs as an early anniversary present. Now if it would just stop raining and snowing long enough for me to try them out.)

No comments: