Sunday, May 15, 2011

Snow, Fire and Breakfast

We went to bed last night with fierce winds blowing outside. I woke up this morning to a bunch of snowin' and blowin'. The snow hasn't stuck but the wind has. I'm tired of the heater running so, much to P's delight, I built a fire in the fireplace. Now it's super warm in the house and I'm wishing I would've just let the heater do its job instead.
I was excited to wake up this morning because of breakfast. Breakfast has always been my favorite meal of the day but I'm not usually excited to wake up just for the meal. The reason for my excitement? I'm trying to go as organic as possible. Our neighbor has been trying to get me to eat her chicken's eggs for about a year. This past week she went to great care to wash off the eggs, put them in an egg carton and even pattern them so they were appealing to the eye. Yesterday I tried my first truly organic egg....and it was good! So, this morning I cut up a bunch of organic veggies and made a delicious organic omelet. P didn't like his so he graciously gave his to Holly (while I was sidetracked in the kitchen). After breakfast I enjoyed a cup of organic coffee and some cuddle time with my lil man. I'm tired of the snow and cold weather but I sure enjoyed snuggling with P by the fireplace this morning.

No comments: