Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 2: My Husband


The alarm goes off, loud enough to wake the neighborhood. It's 4:15am according to the clock. I nudge Rob and tell him it's time to get up. Once he's up, I roll over and fall back asleep in our nice warm bed while he gets dressed, ready to brave the 10 degree temps. Most people take their spouse's jobs for granted. I know I have on occassion. But, when Rob tells me stories about what his day's consisted of it makes me more aware of how blessed I am. You see, Rob's typical work schedule is 20 days on (10-12 hour days...if he's lucky!) and 1 day off. Yes, you read that correctly. For every 200-240 hours he works he gets 10 hours off. He works at a job he doesn't like in conditions that can be less than miserable, all so he can provide for his family. He works hard so I can work part time (by choice) and take care of P. Unfortunately his hard work puts him away from home and away from us a lot of the time but we manage. He's had 3 different companies show interest in him recently but the jobs have not panned out for one reason or another. Until a great job comes along that still provides me with job flexibilty he will stay where he's at. I'm thankful that he's such a hard worker and good provider for the family!

No comments: