Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 4 and 5

Day 4: I am thankful for coffee and migraine meds. I woke up at 4am with a horrible migraine. Despite taking meds for it, it didn't subside until 10am. I didn't think I was going to be able to stay at school cause I was seeing black spots and getting nauseous. But I gave my students a heads-up and they were GREAT! They worked super quiet and were ok with me turning a light down low. Between that, the meds and a big cup of coffee I was feeling much better by lunch time.
Day 5: I'm thankful for my parents. My family is so good about calling and Skyping us when Rob is gone because they know that I have long days without him here. Earlier this week my parents called and said they wanted to come to town yesterday and treat me and P to a night "away". They got a suite at a local hotel so we got to enjoy going out to dinner with them, sitting in the hotel hot tub and having fun. P was completely surprised to see them after school and was delighted that he got to go to "Gee's hotel". My parents made the trip, despite the snow, which meant a lot. My parents always go above and beyond and are very generous. So I'm thankful for them, the bond they have with P and for the fun times we share together!

No comments: