Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 7: Dogs


This morning Holly Girl gave me a scare. When I put the dogs out they both come right back when it's cold. But, Holly didn't return, despite me and P yelling for her. Almost an hour later she was waiting by the kitchen door. It made me realize how thankful I am for our dogs. Yes, they both drive me crazy (mainly in the evening when they know it's close to their dinner time) but they are good dogs. When P goes to bed for the night one of them ALWAYS lays outside his door until he falls asleep. When they can get away with it, which isn't often, they lie by his booster seat, hoping he'll drop some food.
Ruby and P are the affectionately called the Dynamic Duo because those 2 get into more mischievous. Take this morning for example. I got out of the shower and opened the bathroom door to find P AND Ruby on my treadmill. P was trying to get it to turn on and said, "Doggy run!". I guess he thought Ruby needed exercise. Yesterday Holly Girl had P in stitches while he played fetch with her. In her old age she can't run too much but they both enjoyed themselves. As frustrated as the dogs can make me, I am very thankful to have them as part of the family.

No comments: