Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 6: Church and Laughter

As you may have read in my blog from this morning, the day didn't start out well. I was grumpy, P was fussy and it was just a day where I wanted to crawl back in bed and pull the covers over my head. That being said, the day did indeed get better! Despite not feeling 100%, P wanted to go to church (I love that!!). We got to church a half hour early because I was all discombobulated this morning. So we ran across the street to Walmart and got the rest of the contents for our Operation Christmas Child box. We were able to turn in our box at church, knowing some little girl in the world will have a Happy Christmas.
The sermon wasn't anything new but it was nice to be in the Lord's house. P was well behaved and I was able to hear the whole sermon. Once we got home, P was running a low grade fever so I gave him some Advil and put him down for his nap. He slept for over 2 hours, which gave me time to get on the treadmill and read my Book Club book.
Once P woke up he was back to his usual happy self. It was really cute because we had bought new tennis balls for the dogs. He was adamant that both dogs each got their own ball. Then he discovered that they both wanted to play fetch with the balls. He was laughing hysterically as he threw the ball for Holly. It was a perfect match because she can't run far and he can't throw far. After we watched the final laps of the NASCAR race, I introduced P to the movie "Cars". He is currently watching it, asking questions and laughing when I laugh. This cold, snowy afternoon has more than made up for the crummy start to our day. So today I am thankful for the laughter I've shared with P and for a great church that I can call my home church, both putting me in a better mood!

No comments: