Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Adventures of a Lil Guy

We laugh that P looks like his daddy but has my personality. Another thing he and I share are active imaginations. Although he doesn't watch the "Cars" movie often he is OBSESSED with it. Everything in life is a race for the Piston Cup. Several times a day he'll tell me, "It was the final race of the season. The checkered flag waved and the crowd gasped." He also likes to talk about racing, losing a tire and spinning out in the grass. So it was no surprise, when I picked him up from school, that he began to tell me about racing adventures. It took a twist, however, when he introduced his little "girlfriend" into the adventures just like Lightning McQueen and Sally share. He told me that he and Lexie went to Radiator Springs and she told him to turn left. They also drove backwards (like Mater does). Then they went to Gee and BobBob's house. Lexie played the piano and P played the piano. Lexie liked Gee. Then he went to Lexie's house (She apparently has a 2 story house by the way), where he played with her choo-choos upstairs and took the wheels off her cars (something he would totally do!). He finished the story by telling me they both got white tires for the race. He spun out in the grass and Lexie helped him back on the track. He won the race and so did Lexie (what????). I love his imagination and the stories he creates from it. Who knows? Maybe some day he'll be an author or write movies for Pixar. Until then I'll just be entertained by his adventures!

No comments: