Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weekend at Home

I honestly can't remember the last weekend where we didn't have a lot going on. So I was thankful that this weekend was going to be spent at home, relaxing and getting things done. We did venture down the hill for church....and Kids on Big Rigs. Yesterday we took P to this school that had all sorts of cars and trucks set up for kids to play on. He "drove" a bus, an amps (ambulance), police car, fire truck, tractor, dune buggy, garbage truck and a motorcycle. He loved every moment but his favorite of all the vehicles was the back of the U-HAUL truck. He wanted to play there the entire time! When it was time to go he was very good about leaving without a tantrum but he talked about all the vehicles the rest of the day.

Today was a productive day. I spent a lot of it exercising in some form or another so I sure hope it cancels out the Reese's Peanut Butter bunny I ate after eating a full meal tonight. Either way, it was a nice day to spend outside which is exactly what we did. As soon as it warmed up a little this morning, P and I went out for a couple hours before church. After we got home from church, Rob hung out with P so I could meet a friend for a walk. When I got home the boys were outside, shooting bows and chasing Geicos (lizards). We topped off the night by enjoying our first "Summer" meal....burgers on the grill, corn on the cob and a fruit salad. All in all it was a perfect family weekend!

No comments: