Sunday, April 8, 2012

happy easter

well, i got some big news to share. HE IS RISEN! now, we all know the story of how Jesus was crucified, was in the guarded tomb and on the 3rd day he rose from the tomb to live forever. this is the story that preachers will preach all over the world this morning and thousands will listen to. i guess i am a little different. i feel that since easter is the one day that even non-believers will attend church, preachers should take that opportunity to tell other stories that the non-believers havent ever heard. i dont know, thats just my take. i, like my family, believe that i feel closer to God in the woods hunting than i ever have in a concrete building. out there, im watching the sun rise, hearing the birds sing and other animals that he created scamper about through the forest. it is there, either in the deer or turkey woods, that i have silence around me to reflect upon the good and bad ive done, and admire all that the ALMIGHTY has created. i feel if more people spent their time this way, more would be able to grasp the concept that someone created all of this serenity. my wife is opposite in that she feels closer to God when surrounded by other christians praising him in song and voice. that is perfectly ok since we all worship in our own way. i guess to me when i am in church, in a congragation, i feel i have to worship him for one hour and then its over. when im hunting, im there for 12 hours and with all the beauty and serenity that surrounds me, i cant help but spend my time worshipping him in my own way. i guess what im getting at is i dont believe heaven waits for only those who congregate. this morning i will attend the service with my family and worship the ALMIGHTY and try and set a good example for my son to follow. however, it wouldnt disappoint me a bit when he is older if he were to say dad, i want to go to the church woods and talk to God. i know that is where i feel closer to God. the good book says where 2 or more gather in my name, i will be there. this could be taken several ways. personally, i believe God hears my prayers and praise just as much when im alone as when im with 300 people. i refuse to believe that God gives a church goer more attention than someone who lives alone in the mountains somewhere. we are all children of God and we all have our own beliefs and worship him in our own way.

No comments: