Monday, April 2, 2012

Full Moon?

I looked out tonight to see if it was a full moon. Why? Because life has been weird in the past 24 hours but then again I guess life with a toddler is like that. Yesterday P and I went to a new church. Since it was Palm Sunday they posted a picture of a donkey as part of the sermon illustration. Everyone was quiet. Except P. He blurted out, "Cute donkey!". Then in the afternoon, after P refused to take a nap, I invited myself and P to join Rob at a round of golf. I knew it was a mistake at the first hole when Rob and I got out of the golf cart and P decided he wanted to drive the cart. He stepped on the gas pedal, releasing the brake, and ran over Rob. Oye! Luckily Rob wasn't hurt and that was the end of the weirdness last night.
Today started a whole new round of weird happenings. While I was on the treadmill P turned into Monkey Boy and climbed up his bathroom shelving to get to a container of medicine. He came into our room to announce he had taken medicine. I don't know how much was in there to begin with but there wasn't any left by the time I found it. Luckily there was a lot in the bath tub. So, I'm hoping that most of it didn't get in him. However, for the next few hours he acted "off" so maybe he consumed more than I'd like to think. :( He didn't eat lunch but took a super long nap. When I woke him up to meet one of his friends he was whimpering. Then he started crying hysterically, saying he didn't want to feed ducks and geese with Mason and that he didn't feel good. It took forever to get him calmed down. Once he was calm and ready he went outside to wait for me so we could go. As I walked out the door I yelled a warning to be careful because the garbage man was coming up the road. He came barreling down the driveway, screaming. Once again it took forever to calm him down. Finally, around 3pm, life returned to normal. No more weird things happened the rest of the day. Thank goodness....especially since it's not even a full moon yet!

No comments: