Sunday, April 1, 2012

Operation Ruby

P has gone through a phase where he can't sleep through the night. A couple weeks ago it had gotten REALLY bad, to the point where he'd wake me up 6-8 times a night. I felt like it was even worse than when he was a newborn because back then I would nurse him and get a couple more hours of sleep. At its worse, a week ago, he was waking me up every 1/2 hour. If you know me, you know I like my 8 hours of sleep at night with an occasional nap thrown in during the day. So Rob and I put our heads together to figure out a plan. It started with a nightlight which didn't work. Then it went to bribery (He'd get a Hot Wheel or "Uncle Jay Juice" if he slept all night) and that didn't work either. It was a few nights ago that we struck gold! At the advice of my hairdresser we let Ruby sleep in his room. Ruby is our yellow lab and P's best friend (At least once a week he put his arm around her and says, "You my best friend Ooby."). The first night was rough but ever since then "Operation Ruby" has worked like a charm. Yesterday we added another gem to the mix....a Cars tent. Rob had once again had P yesterday morning so I could do a photography fundraiser with a local studio. So Rob and P had a Father/Son time at Scheels. While there P found a tent that he just had to have. Turns out that also helped the sleeping issue. He decided he wanted to sleep in his tent last night so Rob set it up. Once he went to sleep he stayed asleep....and is still sleeping almost 12 hours later! It was so cute when I went to check on him before I went to bed. He was sound asleep in his tent and Ruby was lying next to it, lengthwise, instead of on her blanket. I think, at last, we have found the winning combination!!

No comments: