Thursday, April 26, 2012

God's Promise

Growing up in Sacto., I learned to despise the rain. I guess because it was relentless during most Winter months. Living in the high desert now, I love rain! Maybe it's because we desperately need it or maybe it's because it doesn't last long. Or maybe it's because it's usually proceeded by a beautiful rainbow. That's been the case the last week. Every time it rains we get a beautiful rainbow.
Rainbows became important to me on the day of my Nana's funeral because, as we walked into the restaurant, I saw the first double rainbow I ever remember seeing. To me, it was God's way of showing my family that my Nana and Papa were finally reunited. Ever since then I love when I see rainbows, especially double rainbows.
On our way down the hill there was a beautiful full rainbow that looked as if it spanned across the entire city. I was talking to P about how rainbows are about God's promise. P said, "Mommy, it's a rainbow! I looovvvveeee rainbows!! Rainbows are my favorite". I agree lil man. I agree.

No comments: