Saturday, February 23, 2013

150s and Counting!

When I first found out I was pregnant with Easton I was at a birthday party for one of P's buddies. I engaged in conversation with a friend and an acquaintance about how much they had gained during one of their pregnancies. I had to work hard to not let my jaw drop because I was amazed at the ending weight both of the ladies had been at before giving birth. At the time I remember thinking, "How can anyone get that big? It's not like you're eating for 2." Well, 9 months later I found out. I don't feel like I ate differently than when I was pregnant with P but I definitely didn't make exercise a priority like I had the first time. I packed on the weight and towards the end I told my doctor that I needed to have Easton soon because I couldn't handle gaining any more weight. Luckily the nurse gave me the option of getting weighed at my last appt before I had Easton. I declined so I don't know what my true ending weight was but I know I had gained way too much! Because a lot of it was water retention, I lost quite a bit within a week of having Easton. Then I plateaued. Because of my sweet tooth and not being cleared to exercise I struggled to lose any more weight than I initially had. Last week I was cleared to resume normal activity so I was quick to use my treadmill again. For 1 1/2 weeks I've used my treadmill pretty much every day. I'm also trying to watch my portion size because giving up my sweet tooth still seems to be a problem. Today I am proud to say that when I got on the scale this morning I was FINALLY in the 150s! I was also able to put on some non-maternity jeans...and button them up!! A month after I had given birth to P I was able to fit into non-maternity jeans. (I also had gained 15 lbs less with P) A month after giving birth to Easton I couldn't pull my jeans up much past my knees. Although I am still 16 lbs away from my starting weight and 22 lbs away from my target weight I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel. Wahoo!

No comments: