Monday, February 18, 2013

DU.......

This has been another busy weekend! My parents came to town Friday to take P for a weekend getaway at a hotel they like to stay at here in town. Them being in town meant a date night for me and Rob. I can't remember the last time we went to the movies so, although the movie wasn't a favorite of mine, it sure was nice to go on a date. Saturday Rob started the day early by setting up for the DU banquet. While he did that the boys and I hung out with my parents for a few hours. That afternoon my friend came from Sacto and brought a BEAUTIFUL quilt that she had hand sewn for the DU auction.
It was a chaotic banquet, one that Rob and I weren't exactly able to enjoy because we were so busy. Between him running the gun wall before dinner and helping with the live auction after dinner he was running around like a chicken with his head cut off. Between me being the unofficial photographer and taking care of Easton, I didn't have a chance to really visit with any of our friends.
The highlight of the night was hearing about the quilt being auctioned. Items weren't going for very much so I was worried about the quilt bringing in its monetary value, let alone the hours it took for Kirsti to make it. I was on pins and needles, waiting for it to come up for auction. Moments before it was auctioned, Easton started crying and I knew I couldn't hold him off from eating much longer. So I stepped out to nurse him and tried to listen to the auction. I was happy when I heard "$500"! But when I went back into the banquet I found out that I had heard wrong. The quilt had, in fact, been auctioned off for $700, only second to a dove hunt to Argentina!! It would've gone for more but the auctioneer didn't see a man raise his hand for $750 right when he was ending the bidding. I was thrilled that the quilt had raised that much money!
The rest of the night was a blur because of a killer headache but I'm happy to report that I won the silent auction for nursery decor for Easton's room (once we move). Rob also won a gift card to a local basque restaurant. AND it's the least amount of money we've ever spent on raffle stuff. It was a fun night and of course Easton was the life of the party. He was even introduced in front of everyone as the newest Greenwing, making him a banquet celebrity! Great night with great people for a great cause! 

No comments: