Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I Can't.........

I can't begin to tell you how nice it is to be able to sleep on my stomach again for the first time since last July! I can't begin tell you how nice it is to not have to sleep with a pillow in between my legs for comfort. I can't begin to tell you how nice it is to be able to wear non-maternity tops. I can't begin to tell you how nice it is to be able to carry in all the groceries at once, not having to worry about the weight I'm carrying. I can't begin to tell you how nice it is to be able to RUN on the treadmill. I can't begin to tell you how nice it is to know I'm training to do a 5K with a friend in June. I can't begin to tell you how nice it is wear whatever shoes I choose instead of just flip flops and rain boots. I can't begin to tell you how nice it is to not have to worry about waistbands anymore, worrying about if they'll hurt my incision. I can't begin to tell you how nice it is to be able to wear my real wedding ring again. I can't begin to tell you how nice it is to know I'm slowing working my way back into pre-maternity pants. I can't begin to tell you how nice it is to be able to shave my legs in the shower...and to be able to see them all the way to my ankles. I can't begin to tell you how nice it is to be able to sneeze or cough without worrying about pain. And, most importantly, I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to wrestle P, hold him on my lap and carry him in my arms. Oh, how I've missed being a hands-on mom with him for the past several months. Now when he's hurt I can hold him the way a mom is supposed to hold their child. I can't begin to tell you how nice it is to be a healthy mom to 2 very sweet, loving boys that are my world!

No comments: