Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lent

In years past friends have given things up for Lent. I thought it was more of a fad than anything. But this morning I researched it. After doing that I decided to give something up for Lent- to sacrifice, to "fast". I thought about what I should give up. Chocolate? No! I couldn't do that to Rob for 40 days. Going without chocolate should be illegal! Give up my camera? No because that would mean not capturing precious moments on film, preserving and sharing them. So I decided on the next biggest thing....Facebook. Life has been busy but I've still taken time that I don't have to get on FB. So I decided to use that extra time for the next 40 days to spend with my boys and in prayer. This afternoon, after I took the FB app off my phone, every time I thought about FB I prayed.
40 days is a long time to go without something you enjoy but it'll be worth it. That may mean more blogs since I'll have nowhere to post pics so be prepared. If you're on FB you can also be prepared to be bombarded with FB posts and pics after Easter. But until then...bye bye Facebook!

No comments: