Monday, February 11, 2013

The Ins and Outs

It's been awhile and I finally have some time to myself so you better sit back cause this could be a long one. Being a SAHM is great. I love the special time I get with my boys, seeing their firsts and seeing life through their eyes. That being said, it's also hard. Hard because of a newborn's schedule, hard because of a 3 year old that has been pushing my buttons for a couple months. I work from about 6:30am-9:30pm and am on call every night with 2-3 "call outs". So my "Me" time is precious. Easton barely napped today (a rarity) and was fussy so by the time I got both boys to bed all I could think about was soaking in a hot bubble bath. I even missed part of "The Bachelor" for a bath (You know that's gotta be serious!). I selfishly take naps with the boys most days because a) it's such a special time to cuddle with them and watch them sleep so peacefully and b) it's my time to get some much needed rest (It's my work break so to speak).
I don't see how women work full time away from home and raise young children. I know that it's a necessity for most but I'm thankful that's not the case for me. I don't think I could juggle it all. Between play dates, trips to the library, playing at the Discovery Museum, having friends over, preschool, running errands and housework our days are full. And although life is so busy I'm not as tired as I was when P was a newborn. I'm more worn out, if that makes sense, but not as tired. With P I felt like a zombie for the first several months of his life for many reasons. The 2nd time around it's been easier with a newborn (even though he definitely has his fussy times).
Add to the every day routine with a busy and FUN social calendar lately and some days I don't know which way is up. A friend that I hadn't seen since our wedding FB'd me and asked if she could stay with us this past weekend while she was in town for a wedding. She was rarely around but it was still nice to spend a little time with her. Then Saturday night we went to our friend's birthday party, causing the boys to get off schedule. Today two of my friends came from Sacto to meet Easton and to visit for a few hours. Tomorrow I'm doing a photo shoot for my friend's sons. After tomorrow we have a few days in between company and then Friday my parents come to town to help watch the boys. Saturday another good friend from Sacto is coming to town to attend our annual DU banquet with me and Rob.
I think after our weekend company leaves we'll have some down time. I have thoroughly enjoyed all the company we've had since Easton's birth. We have so many thoughtful, wonderful friends who care for us and for that I'm thankful!

No comments: