Friday, May 25, 2012

Escape from Reality

Tonight's blog Take 2.....(I blogged earlier tonight and just at the end of it I hit a button that wiped it all out. In my tired stupor I didn't think to hit the "Go back" or "Undo" button to fix it so here I am again!)

I've long since learned that when I'm stressed out beyond belief I either cope by sleeping or crying. Between the stress of moving and trying to find a rental and the stress of our job situations all I want to do is curl up in the fetal position and make it all go away. In fact, today, I debated on whether 2 1/2 hrs was too long to drive to go to my parents' so I could lay on my mom's lap and have a good cry. But because I'm a mom, a wife and a teacher sleeping or crying all day is out of the question. That's why I was glad that I reluctantly agreed to escape reality last night by enjoying free tickets to a local baseball game. When Rob had called me yesterday morning to see if I wanted to go I honestly didn't want to. It was super windy and cold and I still have a lot to do in terms of packing (like all of it!). Plus I knew it'd get us home late and P to bed way later than usual. BUT, I also know how much P loves baseball and how much I needed a break away from the house. I'm so glad that we went to the game! We had fun with our friends that gave us the tickets and P loved mimicking his daddy and Mr. Bob yelling at the players and ump. The best part of the night, hands down, was when a foul ball was hit. The guy in front of us caught it. Instead of keeping it like most people would, he turned around and handed it to P. Talk about one excited boy! I honestly don't think his "special ball that the guy got him" has left his sight since it was handed to him. So, despite the stress and frustration that life is dishing out at the moment, it was nice to put it all on the back burner for a few hours, enjoying time as a family and with friends, a nice little escape from reality.

Some good news for us....Rob drew 3 out of 5 tags that he put in for today. One tag is extremely difficult to draw so he was thrilled beyond belief when he saw that he had drawn it. I'm happy that he drew an elk tag because that means good meat in store for us in the coming months!!!

No comments: