Monday, May 7, 2012

Mommy and P Date

I feel guilty even saying this but I had to force myself to leave the house this morning to give P some undivided attention. I was knee deep into purging unneeded baby stuff and playing on the computer (not together of course) when I realized my lil guy was just sitting there. I am so glad I did because we spent a fun hour+ at the park and wetlands. Usually when I leave the house I have at least 1 camera in my possession and sometimes up to 3. Wouldn't you know today was the day I didn't have any cameras with me while we enjoyed an adventure! I guess it was for the best, though, because I wouldn't have been able to give him the attention he deserved being behind my camera lens. Instead I would've been capturing his "treasure hunt", which consisted of 2 black rubber pieces that became his prized possessions. I would've captured him noisily chasing the birds at full speed after being sure to tell me to be quiet. I would've captured his excitement when he found the "beach", a sandy area where a park bench sat. I would've captured him doing magic tricks with the rubber pieces, pretending to make the birds fly away when he got close to them. I would've captured him pretending to be Mater, walking backwards. Although I don't have the memories captured on film, I have them etched in my memory. This morning was one of those times that I was glad that I put my To-Do list aside and just enjoyed being a carefree mommy.

No comments: