Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

What does Mother's Day mean to you? When I was younger it meant giving my mom a gift and not much more. But maybe it's because I've gotten older, matured or have become a mom myself that the meaning has changed. The day itself isn't all that important. It's the meaning behind Mother's Day that has come to mean so much to me. It's the dandelions in a small clutched hand after playing outside. It's the belly laugh giggles when you both find something funny. It's the early morning snuggles. It's the enthusiasm of the little things as seen from a child. It's the holding each other tight just because. It's the word "Mommy" coming out of a young mouth. It's watching your child grow up on a daily basis, changing and forming their own little personality. Being a mom (or dad) is the most important job in the world in my opinion. A job that can't be taken lightly given the fact that you are molding a young life.
So when P gave me a Mickey Mouse card and Rob gave me a beautiful card about the kind of mother and wife that I am it touched my heart. The pedi gift certificate and french press coffee maker meant a lot as well. But a day that started with breakfast on the deck with P, going to church with my boys, taking a nap with the lil guy and playing in the sandbox afterwards is what made my day so special.
Being a mom isn't something that I'd ever trade for anything in the world, even on our bad days. It's a blessing that I thank God for every day. So if you are a mom, I want to wish you a wonderful Mother's Day (what's left of it anyways). I hope your day was as special as mine!

No comments: