Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!




"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's." John 15:13

This morning I had the freedom to sleep in (Ok, who am I kidding? But, if I didn't have a toddler that woke with the roosters I would have). Later this morning we have the freedom to choose a house to rent. We have the freedom to go to the store of our choice to buy the groceries we want. Tonight we have the freedom to eat what we choose and watch what we want on TV or read the book we choose to read. All of this because of selfless soldiers that sacrifice daily for our freedom. When I cuddled with P this morning I thought of soldiers that haven't seen their children in months. When I set the thermostat to cool off the house, I realized that the soldiers that are fighting in other countries don't have that luxury. When I sat down to the breakfast cereal of my choice, I realized that soldiers overseas may not be able to do the same. So, my hat's off to the fine men and women that give so much and ask for so little in return. I hope that today you take a minute to reflect on the freedom that you've been given because of others.

No comments: