Friday, May 18, 2012

Life's Uncertainties

I feel like God is saying, "Jen, it's time I take control of your life again and in order to do so I need to turn your life upside down so you have no choice but to lay things at My feet." I don't know how our life could get any more crazy than it is at this moment. Actually I shouldn't write that because I'm sure with God's sense of humor He will find a way.
This week has been a doozie to say the least. The story is a long one so I'll give you the short version: I am being forced to transfer but there aren't part time positions for me to readily transfer into. So that's causing me stress. Rob MAY be applying for a new job (which pays a lot more) if any of the rumors are true that one will be opening soon. The Waiting Game gets old with his job but we're thankful he has one. To top it off, we found out last night that our house is closing and we have about 30 days to find a new place and move out. If each of these things were happening separately then I'd handle it fine, but all of them piled on us at once can be a little overwhelming. That's why I fell asleep with my Bible in my hands last night, reading the "worry" passage in Matthew. I thought that I wouldn't get an ounce of sleep last night with all the thoughts whirling in my mind. But being comforted by God's Word really helped me. I know it will all work out. I keep thinking that, by P's birthday, we'll have answers and be settled. And for that I'm thankful!!

No comments: