Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunny Sunday

Normally it's still snowing in this part of the world so I am loving this early Summer like weather (Although I won't like all the fires that it will produce this year!). Because of the beautiful warm weather, P and I started the morning outside. We went "geico" and jack rabbit hunting. Ruby came out as I was coming in to get ready for church. A few minutes later when I went out to check on P, our neighbor seemed frazzled. Turns out that Ruby got hold of one of her baby chicks. She was pretty traumatized by it, something that I can completely understand. (Luckily when I went to check on it later it seemed better....fingers crossed!). After church we came home and unloaded the week's worth of groceries. P had a hard time napping so I laid down with him...and ended up falling asleep myself. After we woke up we went back outside while Rob went for a run. P played while I did light yardwork. We topped off the beautiful day with a delicious meal: chicken on the BBQ, watermelon, homemade potato salad, green beans and cherry cheesecake for dessert. I love Summer days!

On a completely different note....Lately P is having a difficult time going to sleep at night. No matter what time he wakes up from his nap, he doesn't usually go to sleep until 9pm every night. (Grrr!) Tonight was no exception. At one point when I went to tell him to go to bed he had his cowboy hat on Ruby and was trying to "catch" her with his fishing rod (ie. stick). Awhile later I noticed the light still on and went to tell him again to go to sleep. I opened the door to find Ruby completely covered in.....sunscreen! P had found it in his school backpack and lathered up poor Ruby, telling her to sit still while he put lotion on her. Needless to say, Ruby got a bath and the sunscreen will no longer be put in his backpack. Oh the joys of a mischievous boy and his helpless dog!

No comments: