Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Finally!

As I've stated previously, our life seems to be chaotic and stressful right now. But one huge stress that has been lifted from our life is that we found a house! We were originally told that our house would close on the 15th so that's what we had planned for. On Friday we found out that the house is actually closing on the 11th instead, which sent me into a tailspin. I was a basketcase on Friday after finding out, crying at the drop of a hat. All weekend I got on every rental website that I could think of every 15 minutes. Monday I found a couple houses. We looked at one and Rob hated it. He said it was so gross that he felt he needed a shower upon leaving it. To say I was getting discouraged is an understatement. By a fluke (or God) thing we found another house that wasn't even on our radar. It's a little further out of town than I'd like but it's still 10 minutes closer to town that we currently are. Plus, it's all straight freeway miles so there won't be the wear and tear on our vehicles like we currently deal with. It's still rural living, which Rob likes. It has a creek on the property which P loves. And it's completely fenced with a huge garden tub in the master bedroom, which I like. Oh, and I like that it has grass and more than just pinion pine trees. Are we sacrificing some things by moving into it? Yes. The downstairs is small and the guest/P's bathroom is microscopic. But, all in all, it was by far the best rental we've found. I knew it was a God thing when the landlord told me how much the deposit was. It was almost exactly the same amount that we had saved (We have a few dollars to spare).

I was planning on taking pics today but had an unexpected car issue that I had to trade vehicles with Rob for. So I'll get down there to take pictures one of these days. Until then, I am so thankful that we have one less thing to stress about these days!

No comments: