Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July!


Yesterday was my favorite holiday of the year. Something about spending time with my family and friends, eating my mom's potato salad, watching fireworks and just knowing that I live in a free country really makes me happy beyond words. It is better than Christmas or Halloween or Thanksgiving, in my opinion. Rob and I went to Sacramento for the 4th because Rob was riding a bull in the Folsom rodeo. It was a compromise we had made before we got married. He was really excited and I was REALLY nervous. My biggest fear is something happening to my best friend after waiting 32 years to find him. My friends and family rallied behind him and came to the rodeo. All was going well until his event. I couldn't find him at the bucking chutes and then he suddenly appeared in the stands. Unfortunately, he had been disqualified because of his spurs and a new PRCA regulation. He was really bummed (I was secretly relieved) but he handled it well. I still enjoyed watching the rest of the rodeo events, seeing my husband in his element and watching the firework show. In my opinion, it was once again the perfect holiday!

1 comment:

MKR said...

Hi Jenn,
It sounds like you got your cowboy! I am glad that everything is going well and that you are having a great time!
Megan