Sunday, July 27, 2008

Last one...




We have something going every weekend in August so we decided to stay close to home this weekend, relaxing and doing house projects. On Friday we intended to look at SUVs for me, but we ended up getting a great deal on a Yukon. In fact, as you can see, we couldn't pass up the deal so I now have a new SUV! It has a lot of things I liked on my Honda- a sunroof, power everything, multi-disc CD player, etc. Plus, it has SOOOO much more- seat warmers, OnStar, a DVD player, etc. It drives real smooth, like a really big Honda! Now we're set for the winter as far as vehicles go.
As I mentioned, we also did house projects. I like color so I planted some new plants in our "rock garden" (The previous owners must've loved rocks because, other than weeds, that's all there is.) Then, today after church, I bought more plants to plant next to the rock wall. I can't wait to have more color, other than what the weeds provide! On top of that we also put together a dog kennel for Roxy. (What a fun experience!!) I hate keeping her pinned up but I have no choice once I go back to work next month. Tomorrow, I will finish the dog kennel and planting the bushes. Then, other than the fence, we'll be done for awhile.
Today we relaxed and watched the second half of NASCAR (I am glad Kyle Busch didn't win!) Then Rob treated me to a movie, the first one we've seen at a theater in months. Now I am going to end this so I can clean up from dinner and work on my parents' wedding scrapbook. Ah, another good weekend.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there to help you out on your projects or just to visit. You look very happy standing next to your SUV. Love, Mom