Thursday, July 10, 2008

The smoke, The Shack and No sleep....

Well, I had another sleepless night last night. I don't know if it's because of the thick layer of smoke that seems to permanently cover the Reno area and California or because of a troubling book I'm reading. Either way, it's getting annoying to go to bed tired and "wake up" exhausted!
I just started a book called The Shack by William Young. It is one of the most well written novels I have ever picked up. However, it is also very disturbing. Since I have an active imagination, reading a book about a little girl getting kidnapped does nothing to help me sleep better at night. I had a nightmare last night that it was me that was kidnapped and then I couldn't go back to sleep. (I am sure Rob is getting frustrated with waking up only to find me upstairs on the couch!!)
I came upstairs (We are still sleeping downstairs because it is SOMEWHAT cooler down there) and I was going to sit on the deck to have some quiet time. Although, I guess it's pretty quiet anywhere at 3:30am. Anyway, the smoke was so thick I didn't want to step foot outside. As bad as it is here, I heard it's SOOOOO much worse in Sacramento. I guess I will find out in a few hours when I go see my mom, who is recovering from surgery. I pray that the fires end soon and the air quality gets back to normal for a lot of reasons!
Please keep the residents that are having to evacute and for the firefighters that are trying to save land and homes in your thoughts and prayers. For once, I can't even imagine how horrible that is!!

No comments: