Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My husband rocks!!!


In my opinion, I have the best husband! Yesterday he called to tell me he was going to take me on a surprise date in Truckee. When he got home from work he informed me that we would be going on a horseback ride through Apline Meadows. He is helping me overcome my fear of horses so we can get horses someday. So, after working a 10 hour day full of hard physical labor he met me at the stables for a two hour ride. He could've easily come home and rested, but he knew this is something we'd both enjoy!
The ride was so beautiful,peaceful and fun! For the first time ever, I was completely at ease on the horse. My horse, Mae, was mellow and good with me. The only problem is that she ate a lot on the ride, which she wasn't supposed to do. But, I was afraid that if I pulled her reins too hard she would buck me. The part that made me really as ease was when she stopped to relieve herself and let out the longest, loudest fart I've ever heard. I couldn't stop laughing, especially since Rob was down wind. After that I knew I'd be okay.
Who knows? After a few more rides like today I may even be a pro...ha!

1 comment:

The Jettons said...

Jen, we enjoy reading your blog. You sound so happy!
The Jettons