Monday, July 14, 2008

Summer Storm

I had a friend come up from Sacramento for the day so I wasn't really paying attention to the weather. When she left, I sat down to relax and saw threatening clouds outside. Much to my enjoyment, it began pouring down rain. The thunder and lightning has since been added into the mix. Since I am not from the South, it is hard to fathom being in a house that is 90 degrees while it's pouring down rain outside. But, that's what is happening now and I love it...pending no fires from the lightning! Hopefully it'll cool the house down as well and I can have a good night's sleep.

PART 2.... So, it ended up raining for almost an hour and I'm not talking about a little drizzle. It came with hail, wind, the works! I made a pot of coffee and sat on the couch, enjoying the sound of pouring rain. A HUGE plus is that our house temp dropped to the 70s....WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We may even be able to sleep in our own bed tonight instead of the guest room in the "basement" as Jay calls it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed my visit with Jen today. Their house is definitely a comfortable home with amazing views. They've done a great job with it. I'm looking forward to my next trip up there and the chance to visit with Rob too!
-Marisa