Tuesday, July 8, 2008

INSOMNIA!!!!!

Have you ever had trouble falling asleep, no matter what "sleep tricks" you try? That happened to me last night, but it was partly my fault. I asked Rob to make some sweet tea because it was so hot yesterday. I know my body doesn't handle caffeine well after dinner (yes, I sound like an old lady) but I couldn't help myself. I had 3glasses of the stuff, right up until 8:30!!! Needless to say, I tossed and turned until 1:30, at which time I gave up and got out of bed. It was so hot in our house last night since we don't have a/c that we even went downstairs to "Jay's room" where it was cooler. We each had a fan blowing on us but it didn't help me.
So, at 1:30am I came upstairs and watched "Happy Days", "Judge Mathis" and two hours of news re-runs. I also Googled everything that came to mind. In fact, I found out some interesting stuff on pregnancy should the Lord ever bless us with that. It was enough to turn my stomach, but not enough to make me scared of it.
Anyway, I finally fell asleep around 4am, which is close to the time Rob wakes up for work. He was so sweet, though, and turned off the alarm I had set for him so it wouldn't wake me up. Then he quietly got ready for work, making sure not to wake me up. When I woke up an hour later I was worried he had overslept but he was already gone for the day. I missed saying good-bye to him! Hopefully tonight will be different and I will be able to have a good night's sleep, even with the heat! (I won't drink sweet tea either)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haven't you watched this new show called THE BABY BORROWERS on ABC, Wednesday nights??? You need to! You need to think about and see all these things that 'young parents' must deal with. Don't be blinded by all your friends having kids already....it's not as glamorous as those few minutes you get to hold a quiet friend's baby....there's the teething, the late nights, the endless cries, the throw ups, the diaper changes, the constant notion of always on the go.....relax, drink some sweet tea and enjoy the finer things of life...like drinking all the wine you want on a nightly basis! :)