Friday, July 17, 2009

Enough is Enough

This week has been trying in more ways than one. We've been to 2 hospitals, taken an ambulance ride, have watched our son been poked and proded more times than we can count and have had many sleepless nights in an uncomfortable hospital bed. Today we were supposed to go home because they were going to put a picc line in Preston so he could get an IV at home. But, the poor lil guy doesn't have any "workable" veins so they couldn't do it. The upside in this is that we get to stay in our safe little bubble one more night, having nurses help us as needed. The downside is that I may snap at another nurse or cry uncontrollably....both of which I've done in the last 24hours. We had a nurse last night that was just trying too hard. When she got Preston crying after I had settled him down, I kinda lost it and told her to get out of our room. Crying uncontrollably, I went out and apologized. I'm just frustrated that we can't hold our lil guy very easily, have no routine whatsoever and don't get adequate sleep. But, we'll get through this and enjoy parenthood soon enough I guess!

No comments: