Saturday, July 18, 2009

Home Sweet Home

It was 91 degrees when we walked in the house earlier, we are all in the most minimum amount of clothing possible at the moment (Preston is only in a diaper), we're too hot to sleep and I couldn't be happier! I would take this situation over an air conditioned hospital room any day of the week right now. I woke up to a nurse coming in the hospital room this morning, telling us she was going to take Preston to see if she could get the picc line in. Five hours later we got him back and it was successful! That means we got to come home, but will have to do his IV here for the next week. I am nervous about it because I don't want to get anything wrong but I am ecstatic that we are in the comfort of our own home. Hopefully this means we can get on some kind of routine now. The poor lil guy was on a bili blanket for the first week of his life and in the hospital the second week. I'm dreading going into the third week for fear of what it holds in store for us. Actually, I'm praying that the worse is behind us and Preston has had enough medical excitement to last for the first five years of his life. We've all had enough of hospitals, sleepless nights, needles and prodding nurses. Whatever the future holds, I am thankful for our hot house and comfy bed......and no nurses waking us up!

No comments: