Wednesday, July 1, 2009

This May Be the Day???

I was up for 3 hours last night with consistent contractions. Man, did they hurt!! Finally at 3:45am I was worn out and they subsided enough that I could go back to sleep. Today I have a dr appt and if I am any further along I am going to ask the doctor if I can just go to the hosp. I really don't want to deal with the pain I had last night all over again. If they can give me drugs at this point I'll take them! I'm going to head down the hill in the next hour or so because I don't want to chance having to drive down the mountain and dealing with contractions all at the same time. Lucky for me I found a great donut shop so I will hang out there until my appt at 11:30. We'll keep everyone up to date if this is in fact the day Preston decides to make his debut!

UPDATE: At my dr. appt today the doc told me that I am good to go. However, I am not officially 37 weeks until Friday so she is hoping I don't go into labor until then. (She also has the day off tomorrow and wants to deliver him.) She said if I have contractions like I had last night then I need to come in sooner rather than later. I told her I didn't want anymore false hope and she said at this point if I go in they will admit me. (That's what she said last time so I am not getting my hopes up.) I asked her how much she guessed he weighed and she estimated about 7 lbs. If I would've made it until 40 weeks could you imagine the linebacker I would've given birth to? Guess I'm glad he's coming earlier than anticipated. We'll keep ya posted. Maybe I will get my 4th of July baby afterall!!!

No comments: