Friday, July 10, 2009

How Do I Love Thee?

I don't know why this is titled the "Herrington Happenings". It should now be "Preston's Postings" or "Preston's Priceless Moments" because I have a feeling that the rest of us will not be a top priority to blog about anymore. That being said, I have a confession..... I've turned into "that" mom. When I used to babysit during my high school and college years I thought it was silly that parents would call home to check in on the kids. I thought that I'd never be that kind of mom that couldn't enjoy a nice dinner out without calling home. Tonight my mom offered to watch Preston so Rob and I could have a "date night". We went to Texas Roadhouse, which is close to the house (relatively speaking) and is usually pretty fast with their service. As luck would have it, tonight they were as slow as molasses. I nearly bit a hole in my cheek to keep from crying when the people next to us, who had been seated after us, got their meals before us. Rob and I ate in record time and were quick to pay the bill. As soon as we made it outside the hormones kicked in and I started crying. I couldn't wait to get home to our baby boy. Rob, being the patient husband, didn't understand my need for tears but was anxious to get home as well. Someday, I'm sure, we'll be ecstatic to get away for an evening. But, as of now, we can't seem to get enough time with our lil cowboy!!!

No comments: