Sunday, July 12, 2009

What An Afternoon!

Wow, this was some afternoon in the Herrington household. My parents left after lunch so I thought we'd have a quiet afternoon, maybe even squeeze a nap in. Man, I was so wrong! As soon as we got home Preston was hungry. While I was feeding him, Rob came in to say a neighbor was coming over to see Preston. Instead of just stopping in, she stayed for well over an hour. As soon as she left I went to change Preston's diaper, which turned into a disaster. All I need to say is that he pee'd ALL over himself. After changing his diaper some other neighbors came over to possibly buy Doc. I was trying to keep the dogs inside so they didn't get in the way outside. While they were wrestling underfoot, Preston would not stop crying. He wouldn't eat, didn't have a dirty diaper and wouldn't sleep. Just at the height of the "fun" another neighbor randomly showed up. Luckily, Preston stopped crying for a few minutes so she thought he was adorable. As soon as she left he started crying again. I put him down long enough to finish a load of laundry. He cried himself to sleep so I took advantage of that by getting a few more "chores" done around the house. Before I could even finish he started crying again. Being the smart person that I am, I waited until he stopped crying then took on the challenge of giving him his first real sponge bath. In hindsight, I wish I would've taken the newborn class the hosp offered because I have found out I don't know anything about the newborn bathing process and I'm sure many other things concerning newborns. Bath time turned into a lot of fun because he screamed the ENTIRE time! He was not a fan of getting his hair washed and the so-called Calming Lotion did not work magic in calming him down. Now, he is sitting here, looking angelic and I have the start of a migraine. My mom is gone and I have to do this on my own now....fun times ahead!!

No comments: