Monday, July 27, 2009

Gotta Love It

Yesterday I was miserable and could understand why stay-at-home parents could have a nervous breakdown. Preston wouldn't nap and nothing could console him. In fact, I went to bed with a migraine, praying that I could just get 2 hours of solid sleep. Prayers answered....Preston slept in his cradle for 3 hours solid and then in our bed for another 3 hours so all in all I got a good night's sleep (and my migraine disappeared). Today Preston has been his usual happy self, entertaining himself with his chair and mobile and napping like he did last week. It's given me a chance to get things done around the house and enjoy the quietness that I haven't had the past couple days. What I REALLY love, though, is that he is getting the PICC line out in 1hour, 13 minutes....not that I'm counting or anything. We will no longer be on an IV schedule and he won't have the big IV board hitting him in the head every time he moves his little arm. That being said, we have been very impressed with our pediatrician's care. I doubt it's because he's a family friend, but he has gone above and beyond during this whole ordeal. He visited Preston in the hospital almost every day, morning and evening. He has also called several times to make sure things are going good at home since we came home from the hospital. He even called last night, while on vacation, to check in and make sure we have his cell number in case a problem arises. It's hard to find good doctors that care so much about their patients anymore so we are blessed to have found a GREAT one that cares so much about our son!

No comments: