Thursday, July 9, 2009

Work of Art

Ever get lost in a work of art, something so beautiful you can't take your eyes off of it? That's how it is with our son. But, I'm not the only one lost in his beauty. I notice that his daddy, his grandma Herms, his grandpa Herms and our friends all do the same. I could sit for hours looking at Preston, his long toes and fingers, his steel blue eyes, his peachfuzz covered body, his adorable smile, his light colored eyebrows, his purple long feet. I see his daddy's eyes, chin and feet (uh oh!). I see his mommy's nose and long toes. I get lost in his beauty frequently, spending hours admiring God's creation. It absolutely amazes me, blows my mind actually, to think that this little guy grew into what he is now just from two people who love each other. I think it's because he was created out of so much love that makes him such a work of art, a beautiful masterpiece! This work of art is a priceless piece to me, one I will love and cherish for a lifetime.

No comments: