Saturday, December 26, 2009

Another 364 Days Left

Christmas 2009 has officially come and gone. Maybe it's because of Preston or maybe it's because it's the last Christmas we will spend at my childhood house, but Christmas was more special than usual this year. We spent Christmas Eve just the 3 of us, drinking eggnog milkshakes (Preston didn't partake in this even though he wanted to), driving around looking at lights and opening our stockings and presents. Then we woke up Christmas morning, ate a big breakfast then headed to Sacramento for the day. Rob and I don't have the means we've had in past years to buy everyone the "world" but we both got things we wanted and spent a lot of time putting thought into the gifts we gave. We enjoyed opening our stockings and watching Preston "open" his gifts. He enjoyed the wrapping paper more than anything, often putting handfuls in his mouth. Despite all the gifts I opened at my parents', my favorite thing was something that was in my stocking. It was a frame with 2 black and white pictures of my Nana and Papa holding me when I was a baby. And the best part of the day, in my opinion, was when my mom surprised me by baking my Nana's infamous peanut butter pie. I thought we'd lost that recipe forever but not only did my mom find the recipe but she nailed the pie! It tasted just like my Nana's. We did our traditional German pickle hunt (My brother found it) and then left shortly after to get back before the sun went down and the roads got slick. Once we got home Rob built a fire and we watched a Hallmark movie. All in all it was a perfect Christmas! I enjoyed every minute of it, making it one of my more memorable Christmases.

No comments: