Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Bed Wetter

I was under the impression that kids didn't wet the bed until they were old enough to be potty trained but Preston proved me wrong. This morning I was in my dream world, loving a peaceful sleep when I heard his little voice in the monitor. Hearing him talk to himself and blowing spit bubbles (his new favorite thing to do) is my favorite way to wake up. I laid there, listening to him babble and blow spit all over his crib for a few minutes. Honestly, I was hoping he'd talk himself back to sleep because Rob and I had stayed up late laughing, talking and playing on the computer. Then Preston had woken up and was having a hard time going back to sleep. That combination was leaving me tired and wanting to sleep in. No such luck though! Preston was up and ready to conquer the day. When I picked him up there was a huge wet spot where his "crotch" had been. Poor guy was sopping wet! The only thing I can think of is that he likes to loosen the straps on his diapers. He must've done it last night before I put his PJs on because the diaper was barely hanging on when I went to change him this morning. I guess I learned my lesson that I need to pay closer attention to him loosening his diapers so we don't have any more bed wetting experiences in the near future....at least until he's old enough for it to be justified.

No comments: