Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Have I Told You Lately?

You thought I was going to say, "That I love you" but you're wrong. I was going to say, "Have I told you lately that we have an amazing son??" Yesterday he had to get blood drawn to make sure his medicine wasn't messing up his liver and kidneys. I knew he didn't feel well and had already been to the doctor's but the hospital is far from our house. So, it was the easiest option for getting it done. The phlebotomist went to draw his blood and Preston just laid there, smiling. She was absolutely floored! She mentioned several times that she couldn't believe he didn't even fuss. I told her he was a strong cowboy and she agreed wholeheartedly. Then today we could tell Preston wasn't feeling well. I kept taking his temp and it kept going up each time. Finally, it had hit the magic 101 degrees so we called the on-call doctor. We were told to come in and by that time Preston's fever was almost 102. When the doctor checked him out he kept smiling and sticking his tongue out. The real test was when she went to check his ears. He had wax buildup despite the fact that I had just cleaned out his ears this morning. She had to use this "pic" to clean out the excess wax. She said that babies usually cried because it was uncomfortable. Not our amazing baby! He just sat there, waiting for her to finish. She, too, commented on how surprised she was that he didn't fuss especially since he has a double ear infection. He is so sick but you couldn't tell with all his smiles and his happy personality. I found it ironic that when we were picking up his prescription "his" song "Amazing" came on the radio. Have I told you lately that Robert Preston Herrington V is absolutely amazing????? We are so blessed to have such a perfect baby!

No comments: