Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Thriving Social Life

I love staying home with Preston but I also love when it's Christmas break and I'm able to spend time with friends. Yesterday morning I met up with a friend that has a son who is 2 months younger than Preston. She treated me to coffee and we got to catch up on life, which was nice, especially since we had been getting together every week while she was on maternity leave. After coffee with her, I got home to get the house ready for the Loyal Wives' (inside neighborhood joke) Book Club. The ladies came over and we were having such a good time that they didn't leave until after 10pm. Of course Preston loved them being here because he got to flirt and wow them all! Tomorrow night Rob and I are splurging and going out to dinner. We're meeting up with our friend that has a son 2 days younger than Preston (but is a lot bigger than him!). After that I think we'll go look at Christmas lights as a family....one of my favorite holiday things to do. Friday we're off to Sacramento for the day to spend Christmas with my family. It'll be bittersweet because it's Preston's first Christmas but it'll be our last family Christmas in my childhood home. It'd also be nice if the MS Herringtons were here so all the family could be together.
I'd tell ya that life will slow down after Christmas but it'll just get busier (YAY!). I am meeting a couple friends next week. We have a neighborhood New Years Eve party. Preston is finally getting dedicated to the church, after the gliche got resolved from last time. Then Preston and I have several (routine) doctor appts the first week of the new year. We'll top off the busy schedule by going with my family to San Diego and then to Alabama/Mississippi to see Rob's family again. I have so much to look forward to but writing all this has worn me out. Nap time here we come!!

No comments: