Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Family Slumber Party

After passing out last week and being doped up on pain meds after my surgery, I've been leery about going to the nursery for Preston's 3am feeding. So, after my parents left on Saturday we decided to bring the pack-n-play in our room so it'd be easier to tend to Preston. Last night I was going to move him back to the nursery and overcome my fears of falling down the stairs again, but right before bed we got an email that his crib is faulty. I don't want to take any chances so we left him in our room. It's pretty cute to be honest. I get him ready for bed, say his prayers and put him down. Then Holly comes in and lays down right next to the pack-n-play. Preston looks at her until he falls asleep. The fire is going in the fireplace so Holly eventually goes out there to stay warm. I don't blame her as we woke up to -4 this morning and about a foot of snow on the ground. I know Preston needs to go back to the nursery once his crib is fixed because he's a big boy. But, I've really been enjoying our family slumber parties the past few nights.

No comments: