Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fussy Gus

We have been blessed with such a happy baby so when he's fussy it kind of throws us off guard. This week has been one of those weeks. He started seperation anxiety with me about a week ago. He's fine if Rob is holding him....as long as I'm near. If I walk out of the room or even just out of his eyesight he gets fussy. As soon as I'm back he settles down. He wants to be held a lot more than usual lately. Yesterday I let him cry it out a lot because I don't want him to get used to being held all the time. It paid off because today he only cried once to be held. I picked him up after a few minutes, settled him down then put him back on his blanket. After that he was all smiles again! Other than being held, the thing that has him fussy is the fact that he's teething. His bottom teeth will be coming in any day now because you can run your finger over his gums and feel little ridges. Between Orajel and teething rings, we're doing what we can to comfort him but some times it's just not enough. The poor kid has life rough right now! No wonder he's fussy. I would be too! =)

No comments: