Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Prestonisms

The older Preston gets the more fun it is becoming! He has little quirks that are absolutely hilarious! Some are older quirks, while others have been developed just this week. One of my favorites comes to eating. If he doesn't like something I put on his high chair I make a big deal about it saying, "MMMMMM. It's yummy to my tummy." Then he picks up whatever it is, pretends to put it in his mouth (It really drops in his lap) and then he goes "MMMMMM". When I put him down after a meal he knows Holly gets let in to eat whatever he dropped on the floor so he's quick to eat whatever he wants off the floor. Gross, yes but it sure is funny!

A new thing is playing chase from the vacuum. He went through a period where he'd scream the second the vacuum was on. So I always had to wait until he was napping to vacuum. A couple months ago that changed and he was fine with it, which made life so much easier. Well, in the past week he's taken a different approach. As soon as I turn it on he runs in the kitchen or the bathroom and hides. Then when I'm done vacuuming a room, he'll run in and grab whatever toys/possessions he thinks the vacuum is going to suck up. As soon as he's moved the stuff to a safe place he runs back to the kitchen or bathroom to hide again. When Holly's in the house it really makes for a 3 Ring Circus as they're tripping over each other to hide from the monster! (I am going to make a video of this chaos and put it on FB soon)

Today I learned that Preston says yes. So, when I tell him no he follows it up with "Yes!". The stereo has become an issue because he likes it a lot louder than I do. I moved it last week, putting it up on a table out of his reach. This afternoon I turned it on and went in the kitchen to wash dishes. All of a sudden music was blaring through the house. I went into the living room to see Preston on top of my Wii board, using it for leverage to reach the stereo. When I told him no and turned it down, he climbed back on the Wii board, said "Yes" and turned it back up. It was too funny to be mad at him but I didn't laugh until he couldn't see me anymore.

His Prestonisms make my day...sometimes good, sometimes frustrating...but it was always makes my day!

No comments: