Sunday, July 3, 2011

2 Years Ago Today.....

2 years ago at this very moment I had just been checked into the hospital....for the 3rd time due to contractions. But I knew without a shadow of a doubt that today was the day that we'd welcome our lil man into the world. At 3:57 on July 3rd we did just that. He was perfect coming out and is not too far from it 2 years later. P is a miracle child in every way possible, from beginning until now. He has defied odds and is one happy, healthy, smart toddler today. God knew the perfect child for us when he created P in my womb and I'll be forever thankful for that. He can make me laugh at the drop of the hat, has a memory like an elephant and learns things way too fast. P is my world and there is nothing I wouldn't do for him. He makes my heart swell with pride and the sweetest thing to my ears is hearing the word "Mommy" come from his lips. That is a title that I take seriously because it's the best and biggest job I've ever held. I want to make every moment in his life special, knowing that when he's an adult he's had the best life I can possibly provide for him. Time is going by way too fast though and I want it to slow down even if just a little bit. Just yesterday I was holding him in my arms for the first time and now he's so independent. He brings me joy beyond belief and I thank God daily for blessing us with such a sweet, happy, energetic, HEALTHY boy!

No comments: